The lovely Chelsea Fagan outlined some rules for ladies and gentlemen to reach their best selves in 2014, and in light of that, I’d like to chime in, to generally blanket over everyone inclusively, as the art of being a good person begins with, first and foremost, recognizing yourself as a human being before anything else.
1. Learn to be okay with not being okay.
2. Learn to have conversations that do not consist of lambasting someone else, especially when that someone is you.
3. Give the most kindness to those who seem like they least deserve it.
4. Learn to define and describe people without initially reaching for their sex or appearance as key adjectives.
5. Realize that perspective determines everything.
6. Understand that when something upsets you, it’s striking a nerve of truth.
7. Understand that when someone upsets you, the best thing to do is understand where…
View original post 298 more words